Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, reservations are being made, chocolates being purchased and people everywhere are preparing for the most romantic day of the year. With all of this love in the air, we thought it would be the perfect time to break the winter funk and show your car (and by proxy, yourself) a little extra love and appreciation too. So before you take your car to that romantic reservation this Valentine’s Day, consider doing these 5 things:
- Clean it up – Let’s be honest, it’s the middle of the winter and cleaning out your car in the cold has not been a priority. More than likely, the exterior is covered in snow and salt and that ugly white film that accompanies the winter season. Show your car some love by taking the time to clean out all the junk and thoroughly wash the exterior. If you’re feeling extra loving, it’s the perfect time to treat your ride to a professional wash and detail.
- Restore its natural beauty – It’s easy to forget about things like your headlights and windshield wipers in the midst of daily life. Spend some quality time with your car this holiday and really give it a good go-over. Restore your headlights, replace old wiper blades, inspect your tire tread and top off any fluids that may be low. You may be amazed at how overdue some of these things are.
- Shine it up – Now that your car is clean, step it up a notch with a coat of wax. You’ll need a warm garage for this, which your vehicle will surely enjoy after being out in the cold. Not only will your car shine like a diamond, it will also be better protected from the rest of winter.
- Dress it up – Every time you get in or out of your car, you’re brining everything you’ve stepped in into your car with you. Before you take it out for a fancy dinner on Valentine’s Day, dress your car up with something extra nice: all-weather floor mats. The carpets will thank you later.
- Buy it something nice – For the final touches, spruce up the interior with your favorite air freshener, get that backseat organizer you’ve been eyeing for months, or buy a really well made roadside emergency kit to keep in the trunk. You’ll be feeling the love next time you get into your vehicle.
We hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day!