Happy New Year! It’s time to say goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021. As you set your sights on new goals and make your New Year’s resolutions, consider adding your car to the 2021 list.
5 Car Care New Year’s Resolutions
- Make Routine Service a Priority – Get familiar with the recommended service schedule for your vehicle (see your owner’s manual) and stick to it. Write it on your calendar, put a reminder on your phone, do whatever you need to do to make sure you keep your vehicle properly serviced to avoid unnecessary repairs.
- Be a Good Listener – It’s always wise to be a good listener in life, whether it be at home or at work. But it’s also wise to be a good listener while in your vehicle. Listen to it start, listen to it idle, listen to it shift, listen to it brake. If you hear something that doesn’t sound right, get it looked at by your mechanic.
- Drive with Love – Take it easy on your vehicle by gradually taking off from stops and gradually coming to a stop. Be sure to come to a complete stop before shifting from reverse to drive. Slow down over potholes and train tracks. Your car will thank you.
- Keep It Clean – Wash your car more often, vacuum and detail the interior, and give it a coat of wax at least a few times over the course of the year. Don’t forget to wash the undercarriage!
- Make Time for the Little Things – Check the tire pressure, top off the windshield washer fluid, clean out the trunk. Proper complete car care involves a series of little things that add up to big smiles for you, your passengers and your vehicle.
We hope you have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2021. Happy New Year from Cole’s Collision, the leader in Capital Region auto body repair.