Everyone always talks about preparing your vehicle for winter, but what about for summer? The summer is a busy time of year filled with vacations, road trips and fun summer activities. Make sure your car is ready for all the summer fun with these 6 tips:
- Check the air conditioner – Make sure the air conditioning is working so you can stay cool on those hot days. If the AC is weak or not working at all, it’s time to get it to the mechanic to diagnose the issue.
- Get a sun shade – A reflective sun shade should be used whenever you park your car in direct sunlight to protect your car’s interior from the heat.
- Check the tires – Be sure to check your tires for tread wear and leaks so that they are ready for summer road trips! Also make sure the tires are properly inflated as changing temperatures can lead to a change in PSI.
- Check your brakes – When’s the last time your brakes were checked? Don’t wait for them to start squeaking, have your mechanic inspect the condition of your front and rear brakes to be sure they are in proper condition for your next adventure.
- Wax on – Keep your ride looking good and feeling good with a wash, wax and interior detail.
- Check coolant – Summer means hot temperatures, and your car needs to stay cool. Check your coolant level regularly and top off as needed.
Now that your car is all prepped for summer, it’s time to hit the road and enjoy the sun. Have a happy summer!