April is National Car Care Month! This annual tradition is the perfect time for spring vehicle maintenance. Here are a few ideas for car owners to consider:
- Service Schedule – Check your records to see if you are up to date on all recommended service for your vehicle such as oil changes and brakes. Consult your owner’s manual if you’re not sure what your vehicle requires. When in doubt, ask a certified mechanic.
- Wash & Detail – During the winter your car has gathered salt, dirt, and grime inside and out. Be sure to wash and wax the exterior of your car, making sure to get the undercarriage too. Vacuum the interior and wipe down the dash. Taking time to keep your car clean will help it retain value and be more dependable.
- Tire Swap – If you have snow tires on your car now is the time to switch over to summer tires. When you take your snow tires off, take note of how worn the tread is…do you need to budget for new ones in the fall?
- Windshield Wipers – Ice and snow can wear down your windshield wiper blades. If they are visibly worn or are streaking, it’s time for a new set.
- Lights On – Spring is also a good time to pay attention to your headlights. If they are foggy or dirty, grab a headlight restoration kit and get them back to crystal clear so you can see better at night. Everyone loves a good summer night cruise!
Spend a little time with your vehicle this April and make National Car Care Month count!