The 2020-2021 school year is upon us. As parents prepare for a school year like no other in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, one key piece of the back-to-school puzzle may go forgotten: Your Car. Whether you are a parent driving your kids to school, a high school student enjoying the freedom of driving yourself to school, or a college student driving to campus, the vehicle that gets you there should be properly prepared for the academic year.
Here are 5 car-related items to add to your back-to-school checklist:
- Get Up to Date on Important Maintenance – Is your vehicle due for an oil change? Do the tires have sufficient tread remaining? Make sure all maintenance tasks have been completed in accordance with your owner’s manual.
- Clean It – Set the tone for a successful commute to school by washing the exterior and cleaning out the interior so that you and your passengers are comfortable.
- Fill the Tank – Nothing is worse than running late in the morning and realizing you need to stop for gas. The night before your commute to school, check your fuel level and make a trip to the gas station if necessary.
- Pack the Essentials – You might be used to having things like napkins and phone chargers in the car, but this year is different. Think about putting a few extra face masks and a pack of disinfectant wipes in the car.
- Remember Your Ride When Remote Learning – If you are remote learning, it is still important to keep your vehicle up to date on all maintenance so that it is ready and reliable.
We hope you have a safe and successful school year!